Talking about voice in IELTS Speaking can be a challenge, not only for the vocabulary, but also knowing what to talk about. The IELTS Speaking Module is designed to assess your English Language Speaking Skills. To ensure a good score in the IELTS Speaking Module, you must study and practice the common Speaking Question types.
Get ideas on the sample answers below and practice to achieve your target band score. Here are some of the questions asked:
1. Do you like recording and hearing your (own) voice?
Answer – Not at all! To be honest, I don’t like the sound of my voice, as I’ve always been told it’s very deep for a woman. I’ve even been mistaken as a man on the phone before! Because of this, I’ve never liked my voice.
2. Do any members of your family have a similar voice (or, similar voices)?
Answer – Not really. Mine is very unique. My father has a southern accent, and my sister has more of a girly-girl (very feminine) accent. So, I’m the odd ball out (the strange one) with my deep voice.
3. Are there any situations when your voice changes?
Answer – Yes- for example when I talk on the phone to clients at work. I usually put on a more polite voice and always maintain a positive tone. On the other hand, I talk more freely with my friends and family on the phone, without concern of whether I sound polite or not.
4. Is your voice the same now as it was when you were younger?
Answer – Not really. It’s always been deep, but it’s definitely gotten deeper as I’ve aged. Furthermore, now that I’m an English teacher, I’ve begun to enunciate (pronounce clearly) my words better so that language learners can understand me.
You may also like:
- Speaking: The Broadcast: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers
- Check For English Vocabulary – 17 PDF Books – Free Download
- [English Grammar] Fill in the blanks with Correct Form of Verbs – Practice Test 200+ Questions
- English Speaking Prompts: Enhance Your Fluency and Confidence
- Easy English Conversation Books by Robert Taylor – PDF Free Download
- Practice Test For IELTS – Part 1 to 10 – Free PDF and Audio CDs Download
- Four Corners – 4 in 1 Series – Full Download
- Vocabulary Building Books By Betty Kirkpatrick – Free PDF Download
- Grammar, Usage And Mechanics Language Skills – 6 in 1 Books – Free Download (PDF)
- Select Readings Books Collection By Linda Lee and Erik Gundersen – Free Download
Follow us on Twitter for more updates and the latest test tasks. If you want to support my work, you can buy me a cup of coffee here.