Betty Kirkpatrick is a well-known author who has written several books on vocabulary building. Her books are designed to help readers expand their vocabulary and improve their communication skills.
One of her most popular books is “Vocabulary for IELTS,” which is specifically designed for students who are preparing to take the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam. This book includes a wide range of vocabulary words and phrases that are commonly used in the IELTS exam, as well as tips on how to use these words effectively in both written and spoken English.
Another popular book series by Betty Kirkpatrick is “Vocabulary Building” which is a comprehensive guide to building a strong vocabulary in English. This book covers a wide range of topics, including synonyms, antonyms, idioms, and phrasal verbs, and includes numerous exercises and activities to help readers practice their new vocabulary.
This series of four workbooks has been specially designed to provide secondary students with a sound understanding of English vocabulary and ample practice in its use.
Workbooks 1 and 2 focus on the use of such common words as good, fair, fine and nice which either are rather vague in meaning or tend to be overused. Each book contains 25 units, plus 8 review exercises.
Workbooks 3 and 4 aim at increasing students’ knowledge of English words and expressions, such as euphemisms, redundancies, cliches, etc. Other aspects of English, such as confusables, idioms, proverbs are covered in the section More About Language.
These books will sharpen students’ summary-writing skills.the varied exercises in each workbook provide not only written work for students to do individually, but also oral discussions to be done among themselves.
|Vocabulary Building – Part 1
|Vocabulary Building – Part 2
|Vocabulary Building – Part 3
|Vocabulary Building – Part 4
Overall, Betty Kirkpatrick’s books are a great resource for anyone who wants to improve their English vocabulary and communication skills. Whether you’re a student preparing for an exam or simply looking to expand your vocabulary, her books offer practical advice and effective strategies for building your knowledge of English words and phrases.You may also like:
- On The Road – Correct/Wrong English Grammar Exercise
- The Media – Choose Correct Words and Expressions
- Cracking the Code – Letter Relationships Questions and Answers
- Deciphering Jumbled Words – A Letter Rearrangement Challenge
- Word Relationships – Multiple Choice Questions With Answers
- 200+ Essential GRE Vocabulary Words
- Choose the Correct Word – Similar/Opposite Meaning Exercise
- 300+ Important Vocabulary Words For TOEFL Exam
- 300+ Essential Vocabulary Words for Success in IELTS, TOEIC, and TOEFL
- Find The Word Which is Different From The Rest – Practice Test Questions