Talking about transportation in IELTS Speaking can be a challenge, not only for the vocabulary, but also knowing what to talk about. The IELTS Speaking Module is designed to assess your English Language Speaking Skills. To ensure a good score in the IELTS Speaking Module, you must study and practice the common Speaking Question types.
Get ideas on the sample answers below and practice to achieve your target band score. Here are some of the questions asked:
1. What’s the most popular means of transportation in your hometown?
Answer – Without any doubt I would say motorbikes. Almost everyone travels by motorbike. The reason why motorbike is so popular I think is due to their reasonable price and convenience.
They also extremely varied in terms of size, color and quality, thus a wide variety of choices is available for everyone.
2. How often do you take buses?
Answer – Almost every day. Since my house is so far away from my university, it’s impossible for me to travel by motorbike. In addition, the air is heavily polluted by exhaust fumes and traffic jams always take place, especially during peak hours.
Thus, I’d prefer to take the bus, to save time, save gasoline and causing less pollution.
3. Can you compare the advantages of planes and trains?
Answer – Planes and trains regularly depart and arrive on time. Plus, there are many convenient facilities catering particularly to certain groups of passengers.
However, traveling by plane is clearly time-saving and enjoyable in terms of on-board services like meals or comfortable seats, while traveling by train offers you a chance to see the world outside, admire the views from their seats. It’s totally a great experience for most train-travelers.
4. Is driving to work popular in your country?
Answer – Although cars themselves and gasoline are expensive, a lot of people prefer driving, possibly because driving is more comfortable in such weather, with such polluted and noisy surroundings.
5. Do you think people will drive more in the future?
Answer – If you’re talking about India, no, I don’t think it’s possible, even in the future. Cars and gasoline are becoming unaffordable for many people these days. Plus, the transport infrastructure in various regions in India is not appropriate for cars.
6. Would you ride bikes to work in the future?
Answer – Definitely not. Riding a bike means you’re exposing yourself to the unpredictable weather and to air pollution.
What is worse, I’m afraid the main streets or the highway are too dangerous for cyclists, as cars, motorbikes and buses will travel at a very high speed. Thus I’d rather ride a motorbike or take the bus instead.
7. What will become the most popular means of transport in your country?
Answer – I think buses will take the lead. You can travel the distance without much worries about ticket price or rainy weather outside. Also new buses now offer better services like comfortable seats for the elderly or good air conditioning systems.
8. Do you prefer public transport or private transport ?
Answer – I think I’d prefer public transport. It’s much more inexpensive and because it can contain a large number of people, it helps ease the intensity of traffic jams during peak hours and reduce the greenhouse gas emissions caused by vehicles.
Private transportation is more costly in terms of fees, taxes and gasoline.
You may also like:
- Important Words Related To Tools and Post Office
- 50+ Words Related To Building and Camping
- In the Sea: Ocean-Related 100+ Words
- 50+ House-Related Words You Should Know
- List Of Important Farm and Flower Related Words
- 50+ Containers and Devices Related Words You Should Remember
- 80+ Clothing and Grooming-Related Words
- Important Words Related To Birthday and Body
- List of Firehouse, Bathroom and Beach Related Words
- Important Sports And Story Words You Should Know
Follow us on Twitter for more updates and the latest test tasks. If you want to support my work, you can buy me a cup of coffee here.