Talking about street markets in IELTS Speaking can be a challenge, not only for the vocabulary, but also knowing what to talk about. The IELTS Speaking Module is designed to assess your English Language Speaking Skills. To ensure a good score in the IELTS Speaking Module, you must study and practice the common Speaking Question types.
Get ideas on the sample answers below and practice to achieve your target band score. Here are some of the questions asked:
1. Are street markets popular in your country?
Answer – Absolutely! Street food and markets are a huge part of my culture. Many, no matter rich or poor, go to the streets in the morning to pick up the freshest produce from the street vendors.
The thing is that the street produce is the best quality and price! You simply cannot find fish or crabs straight out of (directly)the water onto your plate in a supermarket.
2. What is usually sold there?
Answer – Principally food, but also miscellaneous items. For example, there’s a street that sells different electrical parts, secondhand clothing, decorations, and shoes. But still, the main event is the fresh produce, fish, and meats. That’s what defines our street market.
3. Do you think people like street markets?
Answer – Definitely. No matter what your economic status (how much money you have) is, there is always something for you. Moreover, our street markets are famed for freshness and quality at the lowest prices, so why would dislike that?
On the other hand, some people fear being ripped off (being charged a higher price), so they avoid the street markets.
You may also like:
- [Learn English] 250+ One Word Substitutions
- Basic IELTS Speaking Questions and Answers
- 48 City Related Words And Their Meanings
- English Collocation Exercise with Answers
- Common English Grammar Mistakes You Need To Know
- General IELTS Writing Tips: How Can Your Improve Your Score
- What is Register in English Grammar?
- When to Use Parallelism in English – A Brief Guide
- 7 Categories of Idioms with Meaning and Examples
- Basic Forms of English Verb Tenses – Tabular View with Examples
Follow us on Twitter for more updates and the latest test tasks. If you want to support my work, you can buy me a cup of coffee here.