The topics in IELTS Speaking Exam are always about something familiar to you, such as “What you do”, “How are you? etc.
You should not speak too quickly or too slowly. It is also important to have good intonation and stress. You will not get a high score if you are too hesitant and have too many pauses when you speak, although a few pauses to collect your thoughts are fine.
Try not to speak too quickly, either. Rapid speech often indicates a lack of cohesion in what you are saying and severely affects the rhythm and flow of your speech.
Below is the list of few IELTS Speaking Questions by Mark Allen in Social Issues (Transport) category:
Question – Are bicycles popular in your city?
Answer – Bicycles are generally popular in China, probably because they are cheap transportation and you can get good exercise from riding them.
Question – Do you often ride a bicycle?
Answer – Yes, I often ride a bicycle, if I’m not going too far, or if I just want the exercise.
Note: No, I don’t ride a bicycle. The traffic is too dangerous and I’m scared of getting hit by a car.
Wow! I do not think I have been on a bicycle for 10 years, I wonder if I can still ride one.
I used to ride my bicycle when I was 18 almost everyday, but now I keep it in my garage because I now only drive my car, even if not going very far.
Question – What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of bicycles compared to cars or public transport?
Answer – Well, for one thing, traveling in cars and public transport is much quicker, and can be more convenient. But when you ride bicycles, you don’t get stuck in traffic and you can get some good exercise.
Question – Do you think bicycles are suitable for present society?
Answer – Not always, because it takes too long to travel from place to place and this makes bicycles not so practical. On the other hand bikes are very suitable for present society seeing we have reached the halfway mark in oil consumption. Maybe one day soon we will all be riding bikes.You may also like:
- Ways of Disapproving: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers
- Speaking: At the Station: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers
- Guarantees and Warranties: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers
- How to Criticize: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers
- How to Complain: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers
- How to Ask the Way: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers
- How to Apologize: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers
- How to Agree: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers
- How to Encourage: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers
- How to Make Exclamations: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers