Talking about smiling in IELTS Speaking can be a challenge, not only for the vocabulary, but also knowing what to talk about. The IELTS Speaking Module is designed to assess your English Language Speaking Skills. To ensure a good score in the IELTS Speaking Module, you must study and practice the common Speaking Question types.
Get ideas on the sample answers below and practice to achieve your target band score. Here are some of the questions asked:
1. Do you like to smile?
Answer – I love it! I have traveled extensively and seen that some other cultures smile more than others. When someone smiles, it brings me positive energy and instantly improves my mood. With this said, I have taken it upon myself to smile as much as possible to give others a warm feeling.
2. How often do you smile?
Answer – As much as possible! I’ve noticed that even when I’m having a bad day, a smile or laugh always helps. So, I try to smile whenever I meet or pass someone, as well as after a bad day.
3. Do you smile when you are having your picture taken?
Answer – Yes, I do! Although I prefer a more serious look for my selfies which shows off my bone structure more, I always smile in a group photo. Actually, sometimes I can’t help but to smile because I am having such a good time!
4. When do people smile to others?
Answer – In many different cases, but I would say usually when they make eye contact with someone or to people in their workplace. In my country, people usually don’t smile at everyone on the streets because that person may suspect us of wanting something from them.
5. Can you sense (or feel, or tell) if someone’s smile is fake?
Answer – Yes, I can! I can sense a fake smile but how much it looks forced. When someone’s smile is fake, they smile with just their mouth instead of their eyes. With this said, you can always tell a genuine smile by the eyes.
You may also like:
- [Learn English] 250+ One Word Substitutions
- Basic IELTS Speaking Questions and Answers
- 48 City Related Words And Their Meanings
- English Collocation Exercise with Answers
- Common English Grammar Mistakes You Need To Know
- General IELTS Writing Tips: How Can Your Improve Your Score
- What is Register in English Grammar?
- When to Use Parallelism in English – A Brief Guide
- 7 Categories of Idioms with Meaning and Examples
- Basic Forms of English Verb Tenses – Tabular View with Examples
Follow us on Twitter for more updates and the latest test tasks. If you want to support my work, you can buy me a cup of coffee here.