Talking about sky in IELTS Speaking can be a challenge, not only for the vocabulary, but also knowing what to talk about. The IELTS Speaking Module is designed to assess your English Language Speaking Skills. To ensure a good score in the IELTS Speaking Module, you must study and practice the common Speaking Question types.
Get ideas on the sample answers below and practice to achieve your target band score. Here are some of the questions asked:
1. Do you like to watch the sky?
Answer – Yes, I do! Actually, my region in Spain, Andalucia, is known for having over 300 days of sun a year! With this said, there are few things more relaxing than lying out on the beach on summer afternoons, staring up at the cloudless sky.
Furthermore, the sunsets here are just magnificent, often displaying colors like cotton candy. Since I live on the tenth floor of my building, I almost always watch the sunset.
2. What is the sky like at night in your hometown?
Answer – Marvelous! Since there isn’t much light pollution here, you can see the stars very clearly at night. I sometimes like to go out on the beach at night with a blanket and gaze (watch) at the brilliance of the shining stars. It makes me feel in awe of just how amazing the universe is. There are few things more romantic than that!
3. Do you like to watch stars?
Answer – Absolutely! For one, it’s a very romantic activity, so I like to do it with my boyfriend. Moreover, I like to go out to star-gaze with my friends. We have a fun activity where we try to find different shapes in the stars then call them out to each other.
4. Have you ever taken a course about stars?
Answer – No, I have never formally studied Astronomy since it wasn’t available at my school. However, I think it would be interesting. Fortunately, my grandfather was really into astronomy so he shared his knowledge with me, as well as gifted me an encyclopedia loaded with useful information.
5. What’s your favorite star?
Answer – I’d have to say the star constellation Orion, which is easily spotted on winter nights. I find this constellation interesting because it has everything, including a giant red star which could explode at any moment, a young blue star, and even a nebula (a cloud of gas) where new stars are being born. It’s complex and magnificent!
You may also like:
- Important Words Related To Tools and Post Office
- 50+ Words Related To Building and Camping
- In the Sea: Ocean-Related 100+ Words
- 50+ House-Related Words You Should Know
- List Of Important Farm and Flower Related Words
- 50+ Containers and Devices Related Words You Should Remember
- 80+ Clothing and Grooming-Related Words
- Important Words Related To Birthday and Body
- List of Firehouse, Bathroom and Beach Related Words
- Important Sports And Story Words You Should Know
Follow us on Twitter for more updates and the latest test tasks. If you want to support my work, you can buy me a cup of coffee here.