Welcome to the Eduhyme.com. Here, all knowledge-seekers can access a huge practice test questions of chemistry related questions that have been answered in a concise, informative, and straightforward manner.
1. Which is not true about covalent compounds?
A. Compounds are generally liquid and gas
B. boiling and melting points are low
C. the reaction is slow.
D. the reaction is fast
2. The chemical used in car battery is –
A. distillate acid
B. sulfuric acid
C. hydrochloric acid
D. nitric acid
3. Which of these changes is a chemical change?
A. conversion of water into ice
B. evaporation of alcohol
C. rusting of iron
4. Which chemical is used for the preservation of fruit juices?
A. ammonium sulphate
B. sodium benozate
C. sodium hydroxide
D. potassium nitrate
5. A mixture of water and chalk can be separated by –
A. by sedimentation
B. by evaporation
C. by distillation
D. by filteration
6. The atomic mass of an element is equal to –
A. Equivalent weight x physical nature
B. Equivalent weight x chemical nature
C. Equivalent weight x valency
D. Equivalent weight x Relative density
7. Which of following is called universal solvent?
B. sulfuric acid
8. What is the percentage of carbon in CaCO3
9. The most common element among all acids is –
10. The value of an Avogadro number will be –
11. According to the ideal gas law, what is the gram molecular volume of a gas?
12. Who invented Gobar Gas Plant?
A. S.B. Desai
B. C.B. Paskin
C. Robert Wilhelm
13. A real gas at much higher pressure than that of an ideal gas surrounds –
A. same volume
B. less volume
C. more volume
D. none of these
14. Two balloons are filled with equal gram molecules of hydrogen and helium. The holes of the same size are made in both. Which balloon will collapse first?
A. A balloon filled with hydrogen will not compress
B. a balloon filled with hydrogen
C. a balloon filled with helium
D. both will be compressed at the same time
15. Gas flame is
D. All of the above
16. By increasing the temperature of the sugar solution, the solubility of sugar –
C. remains unchanged
D. first decreases then increases
17. When an iron nail rusts, iron oxide is formed
A. with a decrease in the load
B. without any change in the load
C. without change in color
D. with increase in weight
18. ‘Aqua Regia’ or Amalraj is a mixture of which of the following in the ratio of 1:3 in volume?
A. concentrated HNO3 and concentrated HCL
B. concentrated HNO3 and concentrated H2SO4
C. dilute HCL and concentrated HNO3
D. concentrated HCL and concentrated HNO3
19. What is the chemical reaction in which heat is produced?
A. reversible reaction
B. endothermic reaction
C. thermal reaction
D. exothermic reaction
20. Producer gas is used as a fuel and a source of nitrogen. This gas obtained by –
A. by spraying oil on the heated retort
B. When a mixture of water and air is passed over a hot coke
C. blowing air over a spread of incandescent coke
D. passing steam over an incandescent coke
21. Boyle’s law is applicable in the following situations:
A. constant pressure
B. fixed temperature
C. constant pressure and temperature
D. constant pressure but variable temperature
22. Aqueous solution of which of the following salt turns red litmus blue?
D. All of the above
23. What is soda water?
A. a suspension
B. a dispersion
C. a colloid
D. a solution
24. Which of the following process takes place in a biogas plant?
25. If you use a microscope to look at the dust particles in still air, you will see them moving around all the time. What is this phenomenon called?
A. Tyndall effect
B. Brown effect
26. Which of the following is used to ink and rust stains from clothes?
A. oxalic acid
27. The volume of a certain mass of a gas at 273 degree of absolute temperature is 25 ml, if the pressure is kept constant, then the volume of the same mass of gas at absolute temperature will be –
A. 100 ml
B. 50 ml
C. 75 ml
D. 200 ml
28. What is used in Allugel St tablet to reduce acidity?
A. sodium carbonate
B. sodium hydroxide
D. Aluminium hydroxide
29. The appropriate method to separate a mixture of red and green ink is –
C. by fractional distillation
D. by gravity
30. Which of the following rules is used to balance a chemical equation?
A. Law of Constant Proportions
B. Law of Multiple Proporations
C. Law of Conservation of Mass
D. Law of Inverse Proportion
31. What does the Sommer field and Bohr’s atomic model explain?
A. only hydrogen atom
B. hydrogen atom(H) and helium ion (He+)
C. of all cations.
D. of all atoms.
32. The main quantum number represents –
A. distance of electron from nucleus
B. the number of electrons in the main shell
C. size of orbitals
D. the number of sub shells in a shell
33. Which of the following elements do not obey Borbury’s law?
34. For which the value of charge mass ration (e/m) will be zero?
A. alpha rays and neutrons (n)
B. beta (B) and gamma (Y) rays
C. gamma (Y) rays and neutrons (n)
D. gamma rays (Y) and protons (P)
35. The value of (e/m) of cathode rays depends on –
A. on the gas filled in the discharge tube
B. on temperature
C. under pressure
D. None of the above.
36. The name of the discoverer of atomic nucleus is –
37. Which of the following metals is in liquid state at normal temperature?
38. Which of the following fuels causes minimum air pollution?
39. Alexander Fleming discovered –
40. Which of the following fossil fuels is the cleanest fuel?
C. Natural gas
41. Which of the following devices is used to cool the engine of motor vehicles?
42. Thermal ionization theory is an important contribution of –
A. H.J. Bhabha’s
B. M.N. Saha
C. CV Raman
D. J.C. Bose
43. Which of the following gas is used in cigarette lighter?
44. Aquaregia used by goldsmiths is made by mixing the following:
A. nitric acid and sulfuric acid
B. nitric acid and hydrochloric acid
C. sulphuric acid and hydrochloric acid
D. acetic acid and benzoic acid
45. The gases used in the breathing process of divers are –
A. Oxygen and Nitrogen
B. Oxygen and Helium
C. Oxygen and Argon
D. Oxygen and Neon
46. Which of the following electrolyte solutions are used in car batteries?
A. sodium sulphate
B. nitric acid
C. sulfuric acid
D. potassium nitrate
47. CNG is –
A. Compressed Natural Gas
B. Cyanogen Natural Gas
C. Condensed Nitrogen Gas
D. Controlled Natural Gas
48. Examples of corrosion are –
A. black coating on silver
B. green coating on copper
C. Brown coating on iron
D. All three of the above
49. Which is the main constituent of natural gas?
50. Which of the following is a fossil fuel –
C. Water gas
D. Natural gas