Talking about Islands in IELTS Speaking can be a challenge, not only for the vocabulary, but also knowing what to talk about. The IELTS Speaking Module is designed to assess your English Language Speaking Skills. To ensure a good score in the IELTS Speaking Module, you must study and practice the common Speaking Question types.
Get ideas on the sample answers below and practice to achieve your target band score. Here are some of the questions asked:
1. Have you ever been to any island?
Yes, I have! Actually, I lived on an island for 3 months back in 2016. My mother was offered to work at a resort for 2 years, so I joined them there for 3 months. Island life was quite an interesting experience!
2. Are there any islands in your country?
Yes, there are. There is one famous island called X, famed for its crystal clear water and white sands. I’ve heard the pagodas are very interesting to visit there, as well. I haven’t been yet, but I dream of going there for a girls getaway (when women go on a trip together) sometime in the future.
3. Do you want to live on an island if you have a chance?
Not really. Islands are beautiful, but I felt really isolated (separated from others) when I lived on one before. As I’m an active person, I felt there wasn’t much to do. Sure, the beach is great, but it gets boring day after day.
4. What do you like to do when you are on an island?
Beach of course! Behind that, I like getting to know the local culture and food. I especially enjoy drinking coconut water fresh off the palm trees and trying local fish recipes. Moreover, I enjoy getting hair braided (hairstyle) by local people.
You may also like:
- Speaking: The Broadcast: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers
- Check For English Vocabulary – 17 PDF Books – Free Download
- [English Grammar] Fill in the blanks with Correct Form of Verbs – Practice Test 200+ Questions
- English Speaking Prompts: Enhance Your Fluency and Confidence
- Easy English Conversation Books by Robert Taylor – PDF Free Download
- Practice Test For IELTS – Part 1 to 10 – Free PDF and Audio CDs Download
- Four Corners – 4 in 1 Series – Full Download
- Vocabulary Building Books By Betty Kirkpatrick – Free PDF Download
- Grammar, Usage And Mechanics Language Skills – 6 in 1 Books – Free Download (PDF)
- Select Readings Books Collection By Linda Lee and Erik Gundersen – Free Download
Follow us on Twitter for more updates and the latest test tasks. If you want to support my work, you can buy me a cup of coffee here.