Talking about Computer and Internet in IELTS Speaking can be a challenge, not only for the vocabulary, but also knowing what to talk about. The IELTS Speaking Module is designed to assess your English Language Speaking Skills. To ensure a good score in the IELTS Speaking Module, you must study and practice the common Speaking Question types.
Get ideas on the sample answers below and practice to achieve your target band score. Here are some of the questions asked:
1. How often do you use computer?
Answer – Almost every day, I have to admit. Computer is part and parcel of my daily routine. Not only is it used in my work and study, I can let my hair down a bit browsing for stuff on the social networks or listening to some music which suits my taste.
2. What kinds of computers are popular in your country?
Answer – There are 2 kinds that are being widely used in my country: the first one is desktop computer and the second is laptop. Out of these two, I would say laptop is much more convenient since it’s portable and can be so useful for school projects or on business trips.
3. What do you usually use your computer for?
Answer – Frankly speaking, I often put the top priority on my study, so I am more likely to download all the materials and do my own self-study most of the time. After tiring myself out with reading, I can log on some webs and listen to my favorite songs to chill out a bit.
4. Who taught you how to use a computer?
Answer – I learnt it on my own really. At first, I was pretty absorbed in computer games and through those, I acquired how to type and control the mouse. Since then, I have been more serious and took a course in computing skills.
5. Do you think computers have changed your life a lot?
Answer – Yes, definitely. It is part of my daily routines and I rely on it so much that I can’t live without it you know. Imagine computer would disappear, imagine the social networking websites would somehow be nowhere to be seen, life on earth would be meaningless.
6. How do you get on the internet?
Answer – Well, there’re actually two computers in my home. And I use a router so that two computers can get online at the same time. Recently, I have bought a smart phone, which can also enable me to get online even when I’m outside.
7. Is the internet very popular in your country?
Answer – The internet is the in thing in our country. Now, we use the internet in every aspect of our life. We use it to entertain and search for information. It’s also a very important way for us to communicate with each other. To be honest, because of the internet, I haven’t written a real letter for more than ten years.
8. How can people learn things on the internet?
Answer – A lot of people post their own experiences on the internet and sometimes, you could also find some video clips that teach you how to do things. For me, I love reading Wikipedia to gain knowledge and solve my questions. Also, a lot of people use online courses to get their degrees without going to the campus, which is really convenient for our life.
You may also like:
- Speaking: The Broadcast: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers
- Check For English Vocabulary – 17 PDF Books – Free Download
- [English Grammar] Fill in the blanks with Correct Form of Verbs – Practice Test 200+ Questions
- English Speaking Prompts: Enhance Your Fluency and Confidence
- Easy English Conversation Books by Robert Taylor – PDF Free Download
- Practice Test For IELTS – Part 1 to 10 – Free PDF and Audio CDs Download
- Four Corners – 4 in 1 Series – Full Download
- Vocabulary Building Books By Betty Kirkpatrick – Free PDF Download
- Grammar, Usage And Mechanics Language Skills – 6 in 1 Books – Free Download (PDF)
- Select Readings Books Collection By Linda Lee and Erik Gundersen – Free Download
Follow us on Twitter for more updates and the latest test tasks. If you want to support my work, you can buy me a cup of coffee here.