Talking about bus or taxi in IELTS Speaking can be a challenge, not only for the vocabulary, but also knowing what to talk about. The IELTS Speaking Module is designed to assess your English Language Speaking Skills. To ensure a good score in the IELTS Speaking Module, you must study and practice the common Speaking Question types.
Get ideas on the sample answers below and practice to achieve your target band score. Here are some of the questions asked:
1. How often do you take the bus?
Answer – Even though I don’t really like public transport, I have to take bus to go to my university on a daily basis because it is quite far to bike from home to my university and it is the safest choice for me.
2. When was the first time you took a taxi?
Answer – My very first time taking a taxi was around 10 or 11 years ago. It was raining heavily after my class finished. The streets were seriously flooded so my dad could not come to pick me up. He asked me to take a taxi to go home. It was one of my very first experience travelling alone without my parents.
3. What are the advantages of taking a taxi compared with buses?
Answer – Their 24/7 tailored service has been improved and become better recently which is much more flexible and save us a great deal of time and energy, especially when we rush for any appointment. Moreover, by taking a taxi, we don’t need to walk to the station or destination.
4. Is it convenient to take the bus/taxi in your city?
Answer – I would say, it’s easy to book or take a taxi in my city. Nowadays, there are Uber and Grab besides other taxi companies which allow us to use an app on our smartphone to book a taxi. They also estimate the price and inform the route which make us feel safe and trustable.
You may also like:
- [Learn English] 250+ One Word Substitutions
- Basic IELTS Speaking Questions and Answers
- 48 City Related Words And Their Meanings
- English Collocation Exercise with Answers
- Common English Grammar Mistakes You Need To Know
- General IELTS Writing Tips: How Can Your Improve Your Score
- What is Register in English Grammar?
- When to Use Parallelism in English – A Brief Guide
- 7 Categories of Idioms with Meaning and Examples
- Basic Forms of English Verb Tenses – Tabular View with Examples
Follow us on Twitter for more updates and the latest test tasks. If you want to support my work, you can buy me a cup of coffee here.