The TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication) is an English language proficiency test designed to assess the English language skills of non-native speakers in a business or professional context. The test is widely used by organizations around the world to evaluate the English language skills of job candidates, employees, and students.
The TOEIC test consists of two parts: the TOEIC Listening and Reading Test and the TOEIC Speaking and Writing Test. The TOEIC Listening and Reading Test is a paper-and-pencil test that consists of multiple-choice questions, while the TOEIC Speaking and Writing Test is a computer-based test that consists of spoken and written responses to prompts.
The test is designed to measure a wide range of English language skills, including listening comprehension, reading comprehension, speaking ability, and writing ability. Overall, the TOEIC is a widely recognized and respected English language proficiency test that is used by organizations around the world to evaluate the English language skills of non-native speakers.
Q&A Topic: Ways of thanking
Expressing gratitude and thanking someone is an important part of building and maintaining positive relationships. There are many ways to say “thank you,” depending on the situation and the relationship between the parties involved. Here are some common ways of thanking:
- Verbal thanks: The most basic way to express gratitude is simply to say “thank you.” This can be done in person, over the phone, or in writing.
- Handwritten note: A handwritten note or card is a thoughtful and personal way to express gratitude. It shows that you took the time to write a message specifically for the recipient.
- Gift: Giving a gift is a more tangible way of expressing thanks. The gift can be something small, such as a card or a bouquet of flowers, or something more substantial, depending on the situation.
- Public recognition: Publicly recognizing someone’s contributions or achievements can be a powerful way of showing gratitude. This can be done in a speech, in a company newsletter, or on social media.
- Act of service: Doing something helpful or kind for someone is another way to express gratitude. This might involve offering to help with a task, running an errand, or providing emotional support.
- Small gestures: Small gestures of appreciation, such as a smile, a hug, or a pat on the back, can go a long way in showing gratitude.
Overall, expressing gratitude and saying “thank you” is important for building strong relationships and maintaining positive interactions with others. By using different ways of thanking, we can show others that we value and appreciate them.
Here are some questions that can help you to clear the TOEIC exam:
Q1 Words can’t possibly ___________ how grateful I am for what you have done.
Answer: (d) express
Q2 Thank you so much for helping me. I really ___________ it.
Answer: (c) appreciate
Q3 A thousand thanks for all your hard work. I shall never ___________ it.
Answer: (b) forget
Q4 They showed their great gratitude by sending us a large ___________ of money.
Answer: (a) sum
Q5 Thank you for all you’ve done from the ___________ of my heart.
Answer: (d) bottom
Q6 I’m sending this bunch of flowers as a small ___________ of my thanks and appreciation.
Answer: (b) token
Q7 How can I ___________ thank you enough for all you’ve done?
Answer: (c) possibly
Q8 On the watch they gave him were the words: ___________ gratitude for 40 years loyal service.
Answer: (d) in
Q9 It’s very difficult for children to ___________ their gratitude for what their parents have done for them.
Answer: (c) enclose
Q10 Look upon this as a ___________ of thank you present for all your endeavours on our behalf.
Answer: (b) sortYou may also like:
- Ways of Disapproving: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers
- Speaking: At the Station: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers
- Guarantees and Warranties: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers
- How to Criticize: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers
- How to Complain: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers
- How to Ask the Way: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers
- How to Apologize: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers
- How to Agree: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers
- How to Encourage: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers
- How to Make Exclamations: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers