Talking about time or watches in IELTS Speaking can be a challenge, not only for the vocabulary, but also knowing what to talk about. The IELTS Speaking Module is designed to assess your English Language Speaking Skills. To ensure a good score in the IELTS Speaking Module, you must study and practice the common Speaking Question types.
Get ideas on the sample answers below and practice to achieve your target band score. Here are some of the questions asked:
1. Why do people like expensive watches?
Answer – Just like any other accessories, the more luxurious a timepiece looks, the higher social status the owner may hold. Watches are widely used by either gender and ones of the visual indicators presenting how professional, smart and attractive a person is.
Therefore, if one wants to be acknowledged and taken seriously, he prefers a high-end watch rather than a collection of lowend ones.
2. Do you like to wear watches?
Answer – Well, I am more a cosmetics girl than clothing and accessories, hence, there are not many watches and jewelries in my possession.
However, I have nothing against wearing a beautiful piece of art on my wrist and do own a few exclusive timepieces which suit perfectly with my clothing on some special occasions, giving me a sense of identity and uniqueness.
3. Have you ever received a watch as a gift?
Answer – Let me see. More than half of the watches in my little jewelry box are presents from my family and friends. And by that I mean 3 pieces since I only own 4 in total.
They all know I am not extremely fond of collecting these types of accessories but make-up kits and the likes. Therefore, it would soothe their souls to see me in watches because according to them, time is so precious that I need to be reminded every second.
You may also like:
- [Learn English] 250+ One Word Substitutions
- Basic IELTS Speaking Questions and Answers
- 48 City Related Words And Their Meanings
- English Collocation Exercise with Answers
- Common English Grammar Mistakes You Need To Know
- General IELTS Writing Tips: How Can Your Improve Your Score
- What is Register in English Grammar?
- When to Use Parallelism in English – A Brief Guide
- 7 Categories of Idioms with Meaning and Examples
- Basic Forms of English Verb Tenses – Tabular View with Examples
Follow us on Twitter for more updates and the latest test tasks. If you want to support my work, you can buy me a cup of coffee here.