Talking about rain in IELTS Speaking can be a challenge, not only for the vocabulary, but also knowing what to talk about. The IELTS Speaking Module is designed to assess your English Language Speaking Skills. To ensure a good score in the IELTS Speaking Module, you must study and practice the common Speaking Question types.
Get ideas on the sample answers below and practice to achieve your target band score. Here are some of the questions asked:
1. Does it rain much in your country? (Where? When?)
Answer – I would say yes. It rains a lot in the summer when tropical storms strike our country. There is torrential rain in the region in June, July and August, and the rainfall tends to be higher in the North than in the South.
2. Is there any part of your country where it doesn’t rain much?
Answer – To tell you the truth, I have no clue about this. I do not give a hoot about geography and the amount of rain in my country. I think the most rainfall is in the North where there is an intricate system of rivers.
3. Does it rain a lot in your hometown?
Answer – Well, it depends on the season. In winter and spring, there is a dearth of rain associated with the arid weather. In contrast, it is usually raining cats and dogs in summer and august, causing loads of troubles for people travelling on the road.
4. Can you remember any time when it rained particularly heavily in your hometown?
Answer – That would be last summer. I was going to work and then all of a sudden it started to rain, followed by a deluge. I was soaked to the skin and couldn’t attend a very important meeting.
5. Does rain ever affect transportation in your hometown?
Answer – Yeah, of course. Traffic is often held up when it rains. All the roads are clogged, and people find it difficult to escape from traffic congestion. I would stay at home and watch TV rather than going out and being caught up in traffic.
You may also like:
- Verbal Communication Skills: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers
- How to disagree: TOEIC Practice Test Questions & Answers
- Important Words Related To Tools and Post Office
- 50+ Words Related To Building and Camping
- In the Sea: Ocean-Related 100+ Words
- 50+ House-Related Words You Should Know
- List Of Important Farm and Flower Related Words
- 50+ Containers and Devices Related Words You Should Remember
- 80+ Clothing and Grooming-Related Words
- Important Words Related To Birthday and Body
Follow us on Twitter for more updates and the latest test tasks. If you want to support my work, you can buy me a cup of coffee here.