Talking about politeness in IELTS Speaking can be a challenge, not only for the vocabulary, but also knowing what to talk about. The IELTS Speaking Module is designed to assess your English Language Speaking Skills. To ensure a good score in the IELTS Speaking Module, you must study and practice the common Speaking Question types.
Get ideas on the sample answers below and practice to achieve your target band score. Here are some of the questions asked:
1. Do you think you are a polite person?
Answer – I don’t want to boast of myself but I have to say yes. I often keep good manners with others, especially strangers and I often break the ice and hit it off quite well with others, simply because I am so courteous on our first meeting.
2. Do you think people should be polite?
Answer – In my opinion, politeness should be considered as a basic virtue that every person must acquire. Being well-mannered may not get you straight to the highest position at work within one day, but would give you respect, trust and kindness from other people, all of which are beneficial for you in a long run.
Furthermore, politeness can partially reflect your educational background and your profession as well.
3. How do people in your culture show good manners towards others?
Answer – Good manners can be shown in a wide range of acts in our culture. For example, when we run into people who are older than us like our parents, grandparents or our university lecturers, we say hi and bow our head to show our respect towards them.
Additionally, when we talk to them, we use certain pronouns and words to indicate the age gap between that person and us. Another example is our tone when we speak. Raising the voice, scream or shout to others would leave the worst impression.
4. Who taught you to be polite?
Answer – I guess similar to most people, I was raised to be a polite person by my parents. As I spent most of my time around them, they tried to set good example for me. They also gave me advice and told me moral stories about how being polite and kind to others can help me a lot in real life.
You may also like:
- Important Words Related To Tools and Post Office
- 50+ Words Related To Building and Camping
- In the Sea: Ocean-Related 100+ Words
- 50+ House-Related Words You Should Know
- List Of Important Farm and Flower Related Words
- 50+ Containers and Devices Related Words You Should Remember
- 80+ Clothing and Grooming-Related Words
- Important Words Related To Birthday and Body
- List of Firehouse, Bathroom and Beach Related Words
- Important Sports And Story Words You Should Know
Follow us on Twitter for more updates and the latest test tasks. If you want to support my work, you can buy me a cup of coffee here.