Talking about play in IELTS Speaking can be a challenge, not only for the vocabulary, but also knowing what to talk about. The IELTS Speaking Module is designed to assess your English Language Speaking Skills. To ensure a good score in the IELTS Speaking Module, you must study and practice the common Speaking Question types.
Get ideas on the sample answers below and practice to achieve your target band score. Here are some of the questions asked:
1. Where did you play when you were a child?
Answer – As I grew up in an outdoorsy (someone who likes nature) family, I always used to play outside in my yard. Since we lived on a large piece of property that was partly wooded, I often used to play in there and find creatures such as snakes, turtles, salamanders (a lizard-like animal), frogs, or other critters. As a kid, I was never afraid of creepy crawlers (scary insects like spiders)! On rainy days, I would come inside and spend hours by my doll house or coloring.
2. Did you play at your friend’s home?
Answer – Yes, I did! I had a few best friends, so we would often set up playdates (when parent arrange a time for their kids to play together). All of my friends also had big yards, so we would play tag, jump on the trampoline, play hide and seek, etc. One of my friends had a Nintendo Game Cube which I didn’t have, so we would spend hours playing Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros.
3. Did you prefer to play outside or inside when you were young?
Answer – Definitely outside! I always had more fun in my sandbox or finding critters (small animals/insects) rather than sitting inside playing games or watching TV. I know that no matter how much I change, I’ll always be an outdoorsy person.
4. Do you think it’s important for children to play outside?
Answer – Very! Nowadays, I feel sad that children are glued to (always attached to) video games and TV rather than spending time taking in breaths of fresh air. Of course some video games and cartoons are okay, but I think children should spend more time outdoors to benefit their mental and physical health.
You may also like:
- Important Words Related To Tools and Post Office
- 50+ Words Related To Building and Camping
- In the Sea: Ocean-Related 100+ Words
- 50+ House-Related Words You Should Know
- List Of Important Farm and Flower Related Words
- 50+ Containers and Devices Related Words You Should Remember
- 80+ Clothing and Grooming-Related Words
- Important Words Related To Birthday and Body
- List of Firehouse, Bathroom and Beach Related Words
- Important Sports And Story Words You Should Know
Follow us on Twitter for more updates and the latest test tasks. If you want to support my work, you can buy me a cup of coffee here.