Talking about mirror in IELTS Speaking can be a challenge, not only for the vocabulary, but also knowing what to talk about. The IELTS Speaking Module is designed to assess your English Language Speaking Skills. To ensure a good score in the IELTS Speaking Module, you must study and practice the common Speaking Question types.
Get ideas on the sample answers below and practice to achieve your target band score. Here are some of the questions asked:
1. Do you often look at yourself in the mirror?
Answer – Frankly speaking, I suppose it has to be at least once every two hours, which is quite often. I don’t think that’s a big issue since I am a woman and every woman makes great effort to maintain her best look, especially in public.
Furthermore, mirrors are placed almost everywhere such as in the restrooms, in a working place as decorations, which is too tempting for me to ignore.
2. Have you ever bought a mirror?
Answer – A girl couldn’t survive without a decent pocket mirror which is portable and convenient bring along anywhere. Collecting these small pieces of art is one of my hobbies, too.
Whenever I am in good mood, I usually wander around some flea markets to pick up some of these vintage, yet tasteful accessories for myself or as gifts for friends and family. There are at least ten pocket mirrors in my possession which are beautifully designed with different unique patterns.
3. Do you think mirrors are necessary /good ornaments?
Answer – The answer will be a big yes. They could make a place appear more spacious and they could be perfect for those that live in a cramped apartment, just like me.
4. Do you use a mirror before buying a clothing?
Answer – Well, there’s an unspoken rule every girl should know when going shopping: trying everything on before buying it because images are for illustration purpose only, which is particularly true with online shopping.
Seeing your reflection in a mirror is an absolute must-do to ensure that piece of clothing actually suits you so that your money and time is well-spent.
5. What functions does a mirror have?
Answer – First of all, mirrors are commonly used for personal grooming, regardless male or female. Hardly can women apply make-up or style their hair without a mirror. Same goes for men. Besides, in case you haven’t noticed, mirrors are architects’ and designers’ best friends, especially in modern design.
Mirror in different shapes and sizes can be placed in a house as decorations or with certain purposes.
You may also like:
- [Learn English] 250+ One Word Substitutions
- Basic IELTS Speaking Questions and Answers
- 48 City Related Words And Their Meanings
- English Collocation Exercise with Answers
- Common English Grammar Mistakes You Need To Know
- General IELTS Writing Tips: How Can Your Improve Your Score
- What is Register in English Grammar?
- When to Use Parallelism in English – A Brief Guide
- 7 Categories of Idioms with Meaning and Examples
- Basic Forms of English Verb Tenses – Tabular View with Examples
Follow us on Twitter for more updates and the latest test tasks. If you want to support my work, you can buy me a cup of coffee here.