Talking about Magazines in IELTS Speaking can be a challenge, not only for the vocabulary, but also knowing what to talk about. The IELTS Speaking Module is designed to assess your English Language Speaking Skills. To ensure a good score in the IELTS Speaking Module, you must study and practice the common Speaking Question types.
Get ideas on the sample answers below and practice to achieve your target band score. Here are some of the questions asked:
1. What magazines are popular now?
Answer – Magazines on entertainment sell well, for many people are keen on reading reports about the pop singers and film stars. In addition, I figure out that magazines about dressing and makeup are popular, because more and more people beginning to pay attention to their appearance, and reading magazines is a convenient way to learn something on this.
2. What are the differences between men and women in reading magazines?
Answer – Men and women are usually interested in different things. For most women, fashion is the most important thing, so they like reading fashion magazines. For the vast majority of men, magazines about automobiles, electronic products, and sports are very attractive.
3. Do people in the countryside generally read the same kinds of magazines as people in the cities?
Answer – I don’t know this well, but I think probably they read similar magazines. But maybe city people pay more attention to fashion, so they will tend to read more fashion magazines and people in the countryside read more magazines about farming and gardening because they have enough land for them to do these.
You may also like:
- [Learn English] 250+ One Word Substitutions
- Basic IELTS Speaking Questions and Answers
- 48 City Related Words And Their Meanings
- English Collocation Exercise with Answers
- Common English Grammar Mistakes You Need To Know
- General IELTS Writing Tips: How Can Your Improve Your Score
- What is Register in English Grammar?
- When to Use Parallelism in English – A Brief Guide
- 7 Categories of Idioms with Meaning and Examples
- Basic Forms of English Verb Tenses – Tabular View with Examples
Follow us on Twitter for more updates and the latest test tasks. If you want to support my work, you can buy me a cup of coffee here.