Talking about gifts in IELTS Speaking can be a challenge, not only for the vocabulary, but also knowing what to talk about. The IELTS Speaking Module is designed to assess your English Language Speaking Skills. To ensure a good score in the IELTS Speaking Module, you must study and practice the common Speaking Question types.
Get ideas on the sample answers below and practice to achieve your target band score. Here are some of the questions asked:
1. What is your favourite gift?
Answer – I received lots of gifts from my relatives and friends, among which I show a great preference for the bicycle best. It’s a birthday present from my parents when I was ten, and it’s rare to have a mountain bike at that time. I used to ride it to school and it makes my life more at ease.
2. Do you often give gifts to people?
Answer – Yes, I really love giving people gifts as they are always so happy and thankful and it is such a good feeling. Even something small pleases anyone.
3. What was the last gift you received?
Answer – A lovely watch, but the sentimental value counts even more. I was very pouched by her thoughtfulness. My girlfriend gave me a watch a few weeks ago because she thought I’d like it. It’s The last gift I received was a birthday present of some kind. I don’t recall exactly.
4. When considering a present to give to someone, how do you select this gift?
Answer – It can be pretty tricky trying to find the perfect gift, especially if the recipient is already well-off. You can get clues by listening closely to their needs, and try to guess what they’d like based on their hobbies and interests.
5. Have you ever received a gift that you didn’t like?
Answer – Well, I haven’t received any gift I dislike, but I do have gifts I pile up for years, such as soft toys, I’m not into soft toys so much as other girls, and I have about twenty toys in various types in stock.
6. Do you prefer receiving a gift or giving a gift?
Answer – I prefer receiving a gift. For giving a gift, I need to consider the interest of the recipient, and sometimes it may not be accurate, so it is not that easy to send gifts. But for receiving a gift, you can make up your own mind if you like it or not.
7. Do you think it’s difficult to choose what gift to give to people?
Answer – Of course, it is very different to choose gifts for people. Everyone is different I need to consider the interest of the recipient, and sometimes it may not be accurate, so it is not that easy to send gifts. But for receiving a gift, you can make up your own mind if you like it or not.
8. What were the gifts you sent to others recently?
Answer – I sent to my friends some cosmetics such as the eye shadow makeup or the daycare cream. Besides, I also sent one of my friends a blue bag that is very cute, and she liked it very much.
You may also like:
- [Learn English] 250+ One Word Substitutions
- Basic IELTS Speaking Questions and Answers
- 48 City Related Words And Their Meanings
- English Collocation Exercise with Answers
- Common English Grammar Mistakes You Need To Know
- General IELTS Writing Tips: How Can Your Improve Your Score
- What is Register in English Grammar?
- When to Use Parallelism in English – A Brief Guide
- 7 Categories of Idioms with Meaning and Examples
- Basic Forms of English Verb Tenses – Tabular View with Examples
Follow us on Twitter for more updates and the latest test tasks. If you want to support my work, you can buy me a cup of coffee here.